Categories

A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

Documentary Details UB Grad’s Career

Want to become an agent?

There’s a film you should see.

Recently, I saw “Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon,” at Eastern Hills. While the documentary marked the directorial debut of Mike Myers, I had another reason to buy a ticket – this was about someone I’ve actually met!

I’m not sure I could say that before.

I met Gordon while attending a workshop at the University at Buffalo in 2004. And while the meeting consisted merely of a handshake, I recognized the big guy in the shades had a formidable presence. What impressed me most – at the time – was that Gordon, a graduate of UB, was the manager for shock-rock icon Alice Cooper.

I wish I’d done my homework.

As it turns out, Gordon has been associated with many other big-name celebrities, including Sylvester Stallone, Myers, Tom Arnold, Teddy Pendergrass, Anne Murray, rocker Steven Tyler, actor Michael Douglas and former NBA coach and player Don Nelson.

Additionally, famed chef Emeril Lagasse credits Gordon with creating the idea of celebrity chefs.

All of it started by the pool of a Hollywood hotel, where the late Jimi Hendrix suggested Gordon get into management. Fresh off an abbreviated stint with a probation department – he majored in Sociology at Buffalo – Gordon had the impetus he needed.

More than four decades later, he has some story to tell. From a management perspective, however, let’s just say he gets it done.

If you’re looking for insight and a few lengthy laughs, make sure to check this out.